Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Bibutils Path error

Help
JohnG16
2014-02-01
2014-02-01
  • JohnG16
    JohnG16
    2014-02-01

Trying to follow the instructions on setting the path to bibutils. I am on a shared server so do not have root access, and my host refuses to install it. The way I understand the instructions, I can place the bibutils directory in refbase, then create a symlink. Several attempts at doing so all return a 127 error using ln -s /home2/jwgmgcom/public_html/refbase/bibutils/ ./bibutils/

• How are you trying to perform the command? You may not have permission to execute 'ln'.
    In any case, it isn't necessary to make this symlink. The following SQL command should work, though this assumes you have the path correct, that the binaries you uploaded are appropriate for the server, and that you have permission to run executables:

~~~
    UPDATE depends SET depends_path = "/home2/jwgmgcom/public_html/refbase/bibutils/" WHERE depends_external = "bibutils";
    UPDATE depends SET depends_enabled = "true" WHERE depends_external = "bibutils";
    ~~~

Last edit: Richard Karnesky 2014-02-01