Menu

validation errors using Bibutil

Help
2010-05-20
2013-05-28
  • HilfeSuchend

HilfeSuchend - 2010-05-20

I installed RefBase 0.9.5 manualy and wanted to set up Bibutils 4.8. Now I always receive the message "There were validation errors regarding the data you entered:" when I want to import endnote or bibtex information. RIS works fine.

The MySQL command produces the following result:

depends_id = 2
    depends_external = bibutils
    depends_enabled = true
    depends_path = /kunden/homepages/18//htdocs/webde_webbaukasten/refbase-0.9.5/bibutils/

the path may sound strange but I got it from my ISP and it is defined as root when I look in the phpinfo().
    I tried to change the $sessionTempDir in the ini.php file to a writeable temp-folder (/kunden/homepages/18//htdocs/webde_webbaukasten/refbase-0.9.5/bibutils/temp) with no success (and changed it back to the default value now)
    The permissions are all set to 755
    safe_mode is set to off by default
    The web server runs on linux and I loaded up the linux binaries. I first tried to extract them on my linux OS and I also tried to extract them on the web server using a php script.
    I already read the thread http://sourceforge.net/projects/refbase/forums/forum/218758/topic/3527440 there was a similar problem. Unfortunately I can't execute any comands in a shell (or I don't know how to access the shell) so I can't give you any further information. Maybe you can give me another hint what I can do to use refbase with bibutils?

• Matthias Steffens

Hi,

thanks for the info.

I installed RefBase 0.9.5 manualy and wanted to set up Bibutils 4.8. Now I always receive the message "There were validation errors regarding the data you entered:" when I want to import endnote or bibtex information.

Would it be possible for you to install Bibutils 3.40 instead and try again?

Bibutils 3.40 is still available here:

http://bibutils.refbase.org/

Does this make for any difference?

Thanks, Matthias

• HilfeSuchend

HilfeSuchend - 2010-05-21

I tried Bibutils 3.40 and get exactly the same error.
    I tried to extract in with the php script and on my linux and nothing worked. I tried to change the $sessionTempDir again but with no effect.
    Are there any other ideas I can try?