Help
Jens
2010-03-15
2013-05-28
  • Jens
    Jens
    2010-03-15

Hi there,

I discovered (by accident) that enclosing a word in underlines makes them appear italic (or underlined using double underlines). Is it possible to escape those chars?

Thanks,
    Jens

• Hi Jens,

I discovered (by accident) that enclosing a word in underlines makes them appear italic

That's correct. refbase uses a markup syntax to support inline formatting required for correct bibliographic output. The syntax is described here:

http://markup.refbase.net/

Is it possible to escape those chars?

Unfortunately not. However, if you don't need the markup feature, you could exclude certain fields from the markup conversion in variable '$searchReplaceActionsArray' (in file 'initialize/ini.inc.php'). You could also completely disable the feature by specifying an empty array:

$searchReplaceActionsArray = array();

Alternatively, you could also disable just the conversion of underline & italic by commenting out the first two search & replace patterns in variable '$transtab_refbase_html' (in file ''includes/transtab_refbase_html.inc.php'').

HTH, Matthias

• Jens
    Jens
    2010-03-15

Hi Matthias,

Is it possible to escape those chars?

Unfortunately not. However, if you don't need the markup feature,

I didn't need it until now. ;-) Perhaps adding an escape-possibility for the markup-syntax is a suggestion for future versions?

Thank you for offering some work-arounds. I have to think about what's most useful for me…

Jens