Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

supported online material

Help
2007-09-13
2013-05-28
  • Knut Krüger
    Knut Krüger
    2007-09-13

How would you suggest to connect supported online material to the record?

Knut

• Care to elaborate?  I assume you want to do something more than just use the URL field...
      --Rick

• Knut Krüger
        Knut Krüger
        2007-09-13

I would like do do something which is clear that it is related material.
        The first attempt was to use the related field, because I did not want the user to click on the URL link first.
        but as you know the related field is not for URL.
        The second attemp was to create an second record - same journal, page, volume .. but with the title:
        - Online Material - and connectedt both records with the serial numbers in the related field.
        This seems to be the best solution, but it is more work to create two records.

Knut

• Knut Krüger
        Knut Krüger
        2007-09-13

I would like do do something which is clear that it is related material.
        The first attempt was to use the related field, because I did not want the user to click on the URL link first.
        but as you know the related field is not for URL.
        The second attempt was to create an second record - same journal, page, volume .. but with the title:
        - Online Material - and connected both records with the serial numbers in the related field.
        This seems to be the best solution, but it is more work to create two records.

Knut