Missing data when greek letters involved

Help
2011-08-18
2013-05-28
  • Laura Williams
    Laura Williams
    2011-08-18

Hi,

The more I get to grips with refbase the more useful and adaptable I realise it is.  However, I am having a problem with greek letters and accents in my database.  I have tried to read through all the documents and other topics regarding this but I am obviously not understanding something because my database is still not quite right!

When I view my references, sometimes a field will be missing, usually titles or authors.  The only thing I can see connecting them is that they always have an unusual character in them.  When I check the underlying database using php myadmin, I find that the information is still in the field but I cannot get it to show on the website and when I go to edit the reference on the site it just displays a blank box as if the information is missing.

From what I can work out reading other posts, it seems to be that you need to have your database as UTF-8 to show these characters which I thought I had done but I do not seem to have done it right! 

I would really appreciate it if someone could talk me through what I need to check to make sure everything is set up correctly.

Thanks,

Laura