Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Error with show.php

Help
2011-01-28
2013-05-28
  • Laura Williams
    Laura Williams
    2011-01-28

Hi,

I was trying to create an iframe using show.php to add a list of scientific papers to my website.  However, during the process I think I must have changed something as now show.php is not working at all!

It is coming up with the following error:

Your query:

SELECT serial, author, title, year, publication, , thesis, orig_record, serial, file, url, doi, isbn, type FROM refs WHERE created_date = "2011-01-28" ORDER BY author, year DESC, publication

caused the following error:
    Error 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' thesis, orig_record, serial, file, url, doi, isbn, type FROM refs WHERE created' at line 1

The error seems to be by the additional comma next to thesis, but that is as far as my knowledge has got me!  I have tried replacing the show.php file with the original copy downloaded (incase I had managed to alter the file somehow) but that has not fixed the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Do direct calls to show.php work? Could you have changed another script that is called by show.php?

• Laura Williams
    Laura Williams
    2011-02-15

Thank you for your help, and sorry for the slow reply.  I am not sure how to call show.php directly.  However, I went through each file that I had changed individually and replaced them with the original version of the file until I found the problem.  It was the ini.inc.php file.  As soon as I fixed that it corrected the error I was seeing.