Incomplete import RIS files

Help
2009-02-27
2013-05-28
  • Juan Blanco
    Juan Blanco
    2009-02-27

I have moved my Refbase installation to a Linux server. All seems to be OK but importation of RIS files. Refbase anly imports the first 2-3 records from the files. However, if I paste the content of the file instead of importing it directly, all records are imported. If I remove the top records of the file and try to import the  new file, the same happens, only 2-3 records are imported. I have also checked importing files that were successfully imported in my old windows system, and also the files were incompletely imported
    Any clue to sole this problem?
    Many thanks
    Juan

• Juan Blanco
      Juan Blanco
      2009-02-27

I finally managed to thread the problem to character codification. The text files as exported by EndNote are UTF-8. Opening the file with a text editor and saving it as ASCII solved the problem.
      Juan

• Hi Juan,

thanks for the follow-up post.

Just out of interest: What database character encoding are you using with refbase, latin1 or utf8?

We had another report of import encoding issues recently (though the issue was import of latin1 data into a UTF-8 based database). I'd like to checkout & test your file in more detail. Could you send me your file privately to msteffens at refbase net?

Thanks, Matthias

• Juan Blanco
        Juan Blanco
        2009-02-28

Hi Matthias,
        Refbase is Latin1 encoded.
        I am sending you the file.

Thanks
        Juan