Problem with DELETE query in sql_search.php

Help
2011-04-11
2013-05-28
  • Daniel Becker
    Daniel Becker
    2011-04-11

Hallo -

I try to clean up my refbase database by this SQL statement. I am logged in as admin-user and insert this into the form at
    sql_search.php:

DELETE FROM refs WHERE created_date <= CURDATE()

This is an example from the help docs. However, this results in an error:

Error 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LEFT JOIN user_data ON serial = record_id AND user_id = 3 WHERE created_date <= ' at line 1

My SQL command has been transformed into

DELETE FROM refs LEFT JOIN user_data ON serial = record_id AND user_id = 3 WHERE created_date <= CURDATE()

Why the transformation? What do I need to do to issue DELETE statements via sql_search.php?

Thanks - Daniel

• I can't replicate this in the SVN version of refbase.  Which version are you using & have you made any modifications?

• Daniel Becker
    Daniel Becker
    2011-04-11

I am using 0.9.5 (latest release) and have not made any modifications. The delete statement works if I am logged in via ssh to the server, but not via refbase sql_search.php

• I can't replicate it in 0.9.5 either.  I'm not sure what advice to give, aside from modifying search.php and includes/include.inc.php so that you can narrow down where the JOIN is being added.

• Daniel Becker
    Daniel Becker
    2011-04-18

sorry for the late reply and thanks for trying. I guess I'll have to discuss this with my server-admin and will start with a new install of refbase, bibutils etc. I'll post here whether the problem then disappears or if I find out what security setting on the server side causes this problem….