RefbaseDatabase access

Help
2007-10-11
2013-05-28
  • Hello

I have installed refbase 0.9.0. As Admin, I try create a new user with the link Add User. I fill the required informations. After validation I get the message :

Your query:

INSERT INTO user_permissions VALUES (NULL, 5, "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "no")

caused the following error:

Error 1136 : Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

In the same time, it seems impossible to show all the datas in the database with the command show all.

I only get the header Author, Title... without any data from the base !!

I am very disappointed ....

Thanks for some help

Pierre FOURNIER (pierre.fournier@unilim.fr)
    IUT du Limousin
    Refbase 0.9.0 run on under FreeBSD 5.5, with apache-2.0.59, php5-5.2.3.1 and mysql-4.1.22

• Hi Pierre,

regarding the "Error 1136 : Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 ", it's probably since your INSERT query only contains 20 values, but it should actually contain 21 values, such as this:

INSERT INTO user_permissions VALUES (NULL, 5, "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "no", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "no")

Did you somehow alter variable '$defaultUserPermissions' in 'ini.inc.php'? This variable must contain 19 values, such as this:

$defaultUserPermissions = array("yes", // add records to the database ('allow_add')
                                      "yes", // edit records in the database ('allow_edit')
                                      "yes", // delete records from the database ('allow_delete')
                                      "yes", // download files which are associated with particular records ('allow_download')
                                      "yes", // upload files to the database ('allow_upload')
                                      "yes", // view any record details ('allow_details_view')
                                      "yes", // view records in print view ('allow_print_view')
                                      "no", // view records in browse view ('allow_browse_view')
                                      "yes", // build a reference list from selected records ('allow_cite')
                                      "yes", // import records into the database ('allow_import')
                                      "yes", // batch import records into the database ('allow_batch_import')
                                      "yes", // export records from the database ('allow_export')
                                      "yes", // batch export records from the database ('allow_batch_export')
                                      "yes", // use the 'user groups' feature ('allow_user_groups')
                                      "yes", // use the 'user queries' feature ('allow_user_queries')
                                      "yes", // generate dynamic RSS feeds from any query ('allow_rss_feeds')
                                      "yes", // execute custom SQL queries via 'sql_search.php' ('allow_sql_search')
                                      "yes", // change his/her personal data (like name, address or password) ('allow_modify_options')
                                      "no"); // fully edit the contents of the 'call_number' field (like the database admin) ('allow_edit_call_number')

Did you change anything else in file 'ini.inc.php' or in 'install.sql'?

Also, did you perform a fresh install of refbase-0.9.0 (using 'install.php'), or did you upgrade from a previous refbase version?

Thanks, Matthias

• I reinstall properly with the automatic method and it is going normally.
      The previous install was manuel and perhaps I did not observe strictly the procedure.
      Ok, now all is correct

Thanks

• Hi Pierre,

thanks for the feedback, it's good to hear that you could resolve your issues!

Let us know if you run into more trouble.

Matthias