sourcer42
2012-05-22
2013-05-28
  • sourcer42
    sourcer42
    2012-05-22

I'm running xampp 1.7.4 under Win XP, using PHP 5.3.5
    My first attempt at installing the refbase 0.9.5
    Running the script install.php keeps giving me the error: Error 1146: Table "literature.depends" doesn't exist.
    I'm leaving the box for bibutils blank
    The database 'literature' does get created, as does the user litwww, but there are no tables in 'literature'
    Any help or pointers will be most appreciated - as I have no idea where to go from here
    TIA

• Try replacing "type=MyISAM" with "ENGINE=MyISAM" in the SQL files?

• sourcer42
    sourcer42
    2012-05-23

Thank you ever so much; that did the trick.

• sourcer42
    sourcer42
    2012-05-23

Well, I did get it installed, but it won't let me in.

Clicking on 'Login'  of the resulting screen from installation or following the  Goto Your Literature Database does not give me a chance to provide log-in credentials, but simply tells me it won't accept either the user name & password provided in db.inc.php nor the one in install.sql

• Please state the full error message & steps to reproduce.  But, as in INSTALL, the default account is:
        Email     =  user@refbase.net
        Password  =  start
    -Rick

• sourcer42
    sourcer42
    2012-05-23

The error message(s):
    The following error occurred while trying to connect to the host:
    Error 1045 : Access denied for user 'user'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES)

This happens when I click on the 'Login' link in the top right hand corner of the page which shows as a result of the successful install.

• sourcer42
    sourcer42
    2012-05-23

OK, I'm in,
    but I had to give it the 'root' user & password for Myspql in db.inc.php

• When you run install.php, it should grant access to the user/pass combo identified in 'initialize/db.inc.php'.  By default, this is:
    username = litww
    password = %l1t3ratur3?
    But it is strongly recommended that you change these BEFORE running install.php (and then to keep them the same).  There is no user/pass combo that fills this role in 'install.sql', so I'm not entirely clear on what you've tried to change.  It might be easiest to DROP the literature DATABASE & rerun install.php once more to recreate it (and don't change 'initialize/db.inc.php' afterwards).  Alternatively, you'll need to follow these instructions:
    http://www.refbase.net/index.php/Manual_installation#2.3_Add_a_new_MySQL_user_and_set_his_permissions

• sourcer42
    sourcer42
    2012-05-23

Every time I give a user name & password (in db.inc.php) which does not have access to Mysql, I get the same lockout and never get a chance to even see the log-in screen.

Somehow, this makers sense to me because initially, to access Mysql to delete and then create the DB and tables, I ought to have an authorized Mysql user's credentials

As it is now, I have given the user name and password of a user with privileges to MySql and after the install, I get a log-in screen where refbase will only accept the user name user@refbase.net with the 'start' as the password.

I any case, I have gotten access and will now see how far I get with it.
    Thank you very much for your help, without it I would have given up altogether.