Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
In 'Extra Options' add a feature labeled 'Email Me' with a checkbox next to it that would send an email at the beginning of the day the event is scheduled. Emails can be specified under the user options and the script that sends the emails could have the time specified by the admin.
This has been on the todo list for about a year...
However, both this and a decent search capability work with repeating events is forcing me to change how events are stored in the database, so the next update will be a little chaotic :) I'll probably have to write an update script, but anyway.
Here is my list of things for 1.0 off the top of my head:
1) Update to how events are stored
2) Email or Text phone a user-specified # of hours before an event occurs.
3) Permission groups for users
4) Tags for events for better grouping and organization.
5) Totally redesigned admin section because it's layout sucks right now
6) Redesign Day view to be calendar like instead of a list of stuff on that day
7) Add a Year view so you can see all events in a year
8) Add a Week view so you can see event details for a whole week.
9) Print view for the different calendar views (in case it's integrated into a colorful site)
10) Add a "location" option when creating events. Have ability to either write-in or select from a predefined list (defined in admin section).
11) Ability to add exceptions to repeating events, so it would repeat every 2 days for 4 months except on on day that was a holiday for instance). Also could simply overwrite the time on one instance of the repeating event.
That's all I could remember...
If you guys have anything else in mind, let me know.
Thank you for your reply. I was worried that this project might be dead when I heard nothing at first. I look forward to the next release. I will keep you posted on ideas if I should have any.
OK, Reece I did search this one first- is it possible to get the calendar to communicate with Outlook? For example, if someone were to schedule something in Outlook the calendar will pull the information and post it AND if someone were to post something in the calendar that it would send the information to Outlook? Thank you for your time. If you need help testing let me know. I am relatively familiar with PHP, HTML, and mySQL.
What you have just described is probably one of the hardest things I could possibly try to do :) Novell (the huge tech company) has been trying to get Exchange integration in their applications for years, and it still doesn't work very well.
So in short, while that would be really cool to have, it's just not feasible for my project at this time, I'm sorry!
I should add that if you know of a way to do it, let me know, but from my understanding Exchange does not have an API at all, much less one for PHP.
Thank you for your reply. I had recently come to the same conclusion. There is almost no damn way to do it. Shame too because it would be one of the best features ever!
Perhaps, I will just begin "remaking the wheel." Remaking Outlook can not be that hard, right? I mean its only hundreds of thousands of man hours spent over a decade coding it- lol.
If I figure something out I will let you know.