Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Getting at function definitions, and repeats

Developers
2010-08-22
2012-11-20
  • Arthur Norman
    Arthur Norman
    2010-08-22

I have just checked in a file cslbase/get-definitions.red that illustrates hos using bootstrapreduce in the CSL version you can get pretty well all the definitions of everything in Reduce in case you want to try to analyse it.

This may not be perfect!

The analysis I have done so far notes cases where there are two or more definitions given to the same name. I find a list of abou 100 such - the list starts off

add2resultbuf
    Defined as expr in package core
    Defined as expr in package libreduce

altitude
    Defined as expr in package geometry
    Defined as expr in package geoprover

ashift
    Defined as smacro in package core

circle
    Defined as expr in package geometry
    Defined as expr in package geoprover

deg
    Defined as expr in package desir

depend
    Defined as expr in package orthovec

depends
    Defined as expr in package cantens

diffp
    Defined as expr in package changevr

domainp
    Defined as smacro in package core

It would be really nice if some keen person could check through the list and at least determine which cases are intentional andif any are accidental name clashes. I would feel much happier if there were no redefinitions at all, whihc could involve consolidating duplicates into a single version.

Arthur

• Arthur Norman
    Arthur Norman
    2010-08-22

To follow up on my own posting, the first clash I looked at was "vectorplus" as defined in both avector and orthovec. One defines it as the identity function while in the other it takes a list of things that are combined using vectoradd. So anybody who had both avector and othovec loaded would find that (at least) one of them was broken!

I anybody here an expert on either package so they can look into this and make changes without introducing too much incompatibility or too many bugs?