Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

physop package problem

Help
Andy
2011-12-04
2012-11-20
  • SOMETHING HERE

• Hm, It works here as shown in the physop documentation. What is the built date of your REDUCE? I remember that I fixed a problem in that code some time ago. Can you build from svn and try?

• Andy
    Andy
    2011-12-05

Hi eschruefer,
    thank you very much for your answer!!

On http://sourceforge.net/projects/reduce-algebra/files/  I followed the link after "Looking for the latest version?" which was not the newest. Now I downloaded the newer one which works :-)

Just a short other question - is there a possibility to use something like the kronecker-delta? I want to express something like:
    LET COMM(A(j), B(k)) = kroenecker(j,k);

Thank you very much,

Andy

• Andy,

Good to hear that the latest version works. Concerning the use of a Kronecker delta you could just define an
    operator (as it is done in the physop test file) and use let rules to define its properties if needed.

Eberhard

• Andy,

Could you please tell me why you think your indicated term should be zero? My hand calculation confirms
    the result physop returns. Maybe we should continue this discussion via private e-mail.

Eberhard

• Andy
    Andy
    2011-12-06

Hi Eberhard,

this maybe the best way. My email-adress is ALueckegmx.net - Can you write me a mail - so that I have your adress and can tell you my way to calculate the commutator? Can I speak german with you?

Andy

• Andy
    Andy
    2011-12-08

For the case that someone has similar problems. Eberhard found my mistake:
    Commands like "FOR ALL N,M LET ANTICOMM(C(N),C(M))=0" are ignored unless the command "NONCOM C, C" is used. The way I used the NONCOM-command before is not enough.