Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Errors with Loading 3rd Party . B File

Help
Anonymous
2011-10-07
2012-11-20

• Anonymous
    2011-10-07

Hi all!  I work for a company that does a lot of scientific math work and I am trying to use a third party .B file for REDUCE called DAISY.  I can get the program to load and run fine on my Windows machine at home under CYGWIN, however, when I go to run everything outside of that environment I get the following error:

Loading: reduce.img
    Reduce (Free PSL version), 06-Oct-11 …

1: load "daisy" $

DAISY VERSION 1.5 - 08/28/2009

COPYRIGHT UNIVERSITY OF CAGLIARI

AND UNIVERSITY OF PADOVA

***** error in loading package groebner or package not found

***** error in loading package daisy or package not found

2:

What is it that I am missing here?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Arthur Norman
    Arthur Norman
    2011-10-07

I believe that this query really needs to be directed to the people at Caligari and Padova who created Daisy. YOu will see that the version they have is shown as dating from August 2009 and it is great if their binary version ever works still with the new Open Source versions of Reduce. Those of us here would, I am certain, be happy to support them if they wanted to generate a version that would work with current versions of Reduce reliably, or even if they were willing to have their code included as a standard module within the Open Source version. Can you perhaps get in touch with them and see if they are able to support their code?
           Arthur

• Anonymous
    2011-10-07

I actually solved this problem myself.  I just needed to copy the appopriate files over to the directory I am running everything from and it works now.  Even created a Windows installer package for the entire thing which also works beautifully :)

!~  Robert