Help
M Chatz
2012-11-23
2012-12-04
  • M Chatz
    M Chatz
    2012-11-23

Hi,
    I am trying to install reduce for use with the package Daisy. Since I only have access to Daisy.b and not the source, as I understood from previous discussions my only option is: Reduce psl. Furthermore, it is my understanding that there is no psl compiled version available for download and thus I need to compile from source.
    I followd the steps described in: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/reduce-algebra/index.php?title=Installation
    I have windows 7 64 bit and do the installation using cygwin. My cygwin version has all the available packages installed. When the step make is completed I try to open the file redpsl.bat and get the error message:

/cygdrive/c/reduce-algebra3/trunk/bin
    $ ./redpsl
    error: No such file or directory
    Loading: C:/reduce-algebra3/trunk/pslbuild/i686-pc-windows/red/reduce.img

Please let me know what I should try next. My ultimate goal is to use the Daisy package and thus I would be open to any suggestion, even if that makes use of a compiled csl version of reduce.

Last edit: M Chatz 2012-11-23
    • Arthur Norman
      Arthur Norman
      2012-11-23

I will let PSL experts try to help you get that version working nicely.
      To get a version of Daisy working on the CSL versions would involve either
      the Daisy originators building for that version or them being happy to
      contribute their source code to be generally available as part of Reduce.
      What they choose to do is of course 100% up to them since they developed
      Daisy! But if they needed assistance with either of the above paths I am
      certain we would be happy to assist them.

Arthur

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012, M Chatz wrote:

Hi,
      I am trying to install reduce for use with the package Daisy. Since I only have accees to Daisy.b and not the source, as I understood from previous discussions my only options is Reduce psl. Furthermore, it is my understanding that there is now psl compiled version available for download and thus I need to compile from source.
      I followd the steps described in: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/reduce-algebra/index.php?title=Installation
      I have windows 7 64 bit and do the installation using cygwin. My cygwin version has all the available packages installed. When the step make is completed I try to open the file redpsl.bat and get the error message:

/cygdrive/c/reduce-algebra3/trunk/bin
      $ ./redpsl
      error: No such file or directory
      Loading: C:/reduce-algebra3/trunk/pslbuild/i686-pc-windows/red/reduce.img

Please let me know what I should try next. My ultimate goal is to use the Daisy package and thus I would be open to any suggestion, even if that makes use of a compiled csl version of reduce.

• Rainer Schöpf
      Rainer Schöpf
      2012-11-24

The error message indicates that the image file

C:/reduce-algebra3/trunk/pslbuild/i686-pc-windows/red/reduce.img

does not exist.

We are currently revising the Windows version; it is possible that recent changes introduced errors.

Please check the contents of the directory

C:/reduce-algebra3/trunk/pslbuild/i686-pc-windows/red

Logs for the build process are in

C:/reduce-algebra3/trunk/pslbuild/i686-pc-windows/buildlogs

bootstrap.blg is of particular interest.

Btw, bin/redpsl is not the same as bin/redpsl.bat; the former works only in the cygwin environment.

Rainer

• M Chatz
        M Chatz
        2012-11-25

Yes indeed the reduce.img deosn't exist in that directory. I did a new installation again this morning starting from scratch to make sure some of the things I've tried haven't affected the result. I still get the same error message ( note that my new folder is reduce-algebra4).
        Here is my bootsrao.blg

• M Chatz
    M Chatz
    2012-11-24

Thank you for your swift reply.Hopefully in the future the people that have developed Daisy will make the source code generally available as part of Reduce. In the meantime, I am looking forward for some suggestions from a PSL expert to help me get the version working.

• M Chatz
    M Chatz
    2012-11-24

Yes indeed the reduce.img deosn't exist in that directory. I did a new installation again this morning starting from scratch to make sure some of the things I've tried haven't affected the result. I still get the same error message ( note that my new folder is reduce-algebra4).
    Here is my bootsrao.blg

PS sorry for the double post, I can't deletete this one

Last edit: M Chatz 2012-11-25
    Attachments
    • Rainer Schöpf
      Rainer Schöpf
      2012-11-28

I believe the missing files are now there. Sorry for the confusion. We are currently updating PSL for Windows.

Rainer

• M Chatz
        M Chatz
        2012-12-04

Thank you very much, I will try the installation again

• Thomas Sturm
    Thomas Sturm
    2012-11-25

The relevant error is:

* `get-options' load module not found
    Break loop

A get-option.b (on the Mac I can see several of them) should be downloaded into trunk/psl/<whereever> at the configure stage. Maybe someone with Windows can check this?

Best,

Thomas

• M Chatz
      M Chatz
      2012-11-27

Thank you for your reply. Would the Linux version installer be error free? I could try installing in a machine with Ubuntu.

• Thomas Sturm
    Thomas Sturm
    2012-11-28

I think your Windows daisy.b would not work there. But I am not sure.

• M Chatz
      M Chatz
      2012-11-29

Reuce psl was succesfully installed in ubuntu.It maye indeed be true that daisy.b will not work in ubuntu although I am not sure how to execute the following.
      in Windows Reduce PSL one needs to type
      CD "C:\DAISY"$
      LOAD DAISY$
      In ubuntu my folder for Daisy is /home/field-laptop/Daisy, but:
      CD "/home/field-laptop/Daisy"$
      LOAD DAISY$
      did not work. Although Daisy.b may perhaps only work in Windows, I doubt that CD actually worked. Any Help would be more than welcome