Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Further problems with the physop-package

Help
Andy
2011-12-13
2012-11-20
  • Andy
    Andy
    2011-12-13

Hello,

sorry I've some further problems with the physop package:
    http://www.mehringskoetter.de/upload/files/9ee5313798e61877/bededb272e15ae6b/ed2239f3bc1238f116fe/OPApply.png

I don't understand why I get a warning in the last line. In the documentation (marked on the right side) I found that a warning is only printed if the operator's application on the left state also fails. But in line 14 is this application declared…

Two further questions:

If I know only the application of some operators on a state (but not of every operator) - is it possible that reduce simplifies the expression as far as possible and doesn't touch the rest - at the moment reduce always terminates with a warning and a (often) wrong result (e.g. A!+*A!+|U (where the application of A!+ isn't declared) results in A!+|U)

The last question: Is there a possibility to superscript the adjoint-symbol (and inverse-symbol) in the output? At the moment it es printed like a normal "+".

Thank you very much for help,

Andy

• Hello Andreas,

From the error message "attempt to take car of an atom" it looks like physop is expecting the state u to have an argument.
    This might be a bug in the physop package. I would suggest that we discuss this again via private e-mail.

Concerning printing, the adjoint symbol is printed as a superscript if you are using the command line interface (redcsl -w).
    For the interface you use some code would still have to be written.

Eberhard