Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

produced corrupted ogv file

Help
dimis
2011-02-10
2013-06-03
  • dimis
    dimis
    2011-02-10

i was recording a vidcast few days ago and i didnt check my hard disk free space. At some point my free space ended before i make some new one. During the encoding recordmydesktop crashed at 80% of the process and stopped. The ogv file that was produced seems to be corrupted. I tried  to play it with vlc and mplayer but no result.

Is there anything i can do to watch that 80% of the file saved (ex repair, reconstruct)?

When trying to import file to DEVEDE, terminal shows

File changed to /home/me/videos/out-6.ogv
    Launching program:  mplayer -loop 1 -identify -ao null -vo null -frames 0 /home/me/videos/out-6.ogv
    elemento:  /usr/bin
    mplayer: could not connect to socket
    mplayer: No such file or directory
    Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.
    LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
    Ogg : Warning found none bos page from unknown stream 666741561
    Seek failed
    LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
    Creating window /usr/share/devede/werror_dialog.ui

• niknah
    niknah
    2011-09-23

I've noticed that starting certain other programs may cause recordmydesktop to crash.
    Like openshot.
    Starting openshot after starting recordmydesktop will crash recordmydesktop.

I'm also having problems with not being able to rewind some videos after recording.
    In mplayer you can't rewind to the start and in openshot, you can play the video but when you move around the timeline the start of the video looks like the middle of the video.

After re-encoding the video as something else like mpeg, the video works fine. And the frames seem smoother after re-encoding.  When moving the video back and forth it lands at almost exactly the frame that I want it to.  Instead of a few seconds away with the original oggvorbis video.