problem recording

2010-04-03
2013-06-03
  • Hi,

Im trying to record my screen with the latest recordMyDesktop & gtk-recordMyDesktop, but when I hit record, I get an error:

Recording has finished.
    recordMyDesktop has exited with status: 256.
    Description: Error while parsing the arguments.

(I configured gtk-recordMyDesktop with the /usr configure flag)

• BTW, the commandline program recordMyDesktop works fine, its seems to be the gtk frontend.

• Did you ever get any help with this? I am having the same problem.

• I am also having the same problem.
    I am on CentOs 5.2, and RedHat 5.2 (Tikanga)
    Installed in /home/<user>/opt/gtk-recordmydesktop-0.3.8 directory.
    It starts fine, but after you hit the record button, within a second of recording, it gives up and show the same message the first person in this thread reported.
    I did not try the command line version, which works as reported by the 2nd report on this thread, I will try that out.
    sg.

• I had/have the same problem as the OP. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 with recordmydesktop and gtk-recordmydesktop from the repos. I was getting a 256 and an 11 error with gtk-rmd but i have fixed that by removing my usb device setting from "-device hw:1.0" to nothing. I'm using a usb mouse, by the way.

So now I can record with CLI rmd and gtk-rmd just fine with sound but I cannot record a window. It just defaults to full screen only (which is useless for me). I have tried removing and compiling but I'm getting all kinds of errors during make. I have compiled rmd in the past a bazillion times and never had problems like these. Not sure if it's rmd or ubuntu causing the problem.

Now, I'm stuck with the version from the repos which I belive is the latest version anyway. Would really like to know if there is some kind of a workaround for window recording. I'm SOL for the time being. :)