Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
As you know I've been using RE for almost 4 years, so I think I know my way
around the system fairly well now.
I've run into a problem I've never encountered before.
I've built a new Record Master with all the relevant record layouts. I set it
up exactly as I have other functioning Record Masters. However, RE won't open
the file using the new RM.
I can open other files with their corresponding RMs with no problem
whatsoever. So I have no idea why this new one won't open. At first I thought
it might be a memory problem due to the file size. However, I have other files
that are larger and still open.
I can not think of anything apart from the obvious. For fixed width and Csv
you should be able to edit 1 gb files in most cases. Only small Xml files ca
be editted / viewed
Things to double check are
* Record Type is correct (Group of Records / Record Layout)
* File Structure (on the extra screen) is correct
* You do not hava recursive structure (RecordLayout included in itself)
* Make sure the file name does not end with .gz (if it is not a GZip file)
* go into the layout editor and edit the Layout,
* then File >>> Save layout as Xml
* post the xml (send it to me directly
I'm on MSAccess_090. Save layout as Xml is not an option in File menu.
Ok…I found Record Layouts >> Save Copybooks as XML. I'll email you the layout.