Menu

Color Change and Open File

Help
2015-06-29
2015-07-26
  • Jessica Thieß

Jessica Thieß - 2015-06-29

Hi,

I'm new to RecordEditor and I'm currently looking into the features for text files. I have to read and edit a lot of text files with multiple records in different formats and really liked the "Text View (highlight fields)" feature. I configured the layouts and the fields are shown nicely in the table view. The highlighting in the text view also works fine for the default colors, but I would like to change them.

When I go to the text options dialogue to change the colors these changes aren't saved as I would expect; the same is true for the "number of field colors" option. For example, if I change the number to 6 and the colors alternating to green and black, save it and reopen the dialogue, the colors are pink, blue, red, black, red, ... and the number is back to 9.

Also I noticed that once I closed the "Open File" dialogue I cannot open it again. Therefore I cannot load any new files unless I close and reopen the entire RecordEditor.

I'm using the USB version of the RecordEditor (0.97) with DefaultDB set to "file". I checked the Params.Properties and all field colors are set to zero after the change (although I've also seen negative values there, depending on the colors I choose).

Any ideas why the color changing and file opening doesn't work for me?

Thanks
    Jessica

• Bruce Martin

Bruce Martin - 2015-07-02

I have been on holidays and have

• Color dialog - I was working on this at the end (probably for the next version). I suspect it slipped into the 0.97 release. I will fix it up for the next release

• "Open File" - that is a problem introduced recently, I will fix it up. There is no need to close the OpenFile dialog

• Jessica Thieß

Jessica Thieß - 2015-07-06

Hi Bruce,

thanks for the quick reply.
    Do you already have an estimate when the next release will be available? The current version isn't very old, so I suspect it will take a while until the next version is released.
    Should I open a ticket as a reminder and so that others will see that your working on it?

Thanks
    Jessica

• Bruce Martin

Bruce Martin - 2015-07-06

I have done most of the work for editing the colors now but it will be long time before there is a full release. What I normally do is publish replacement jars every so often which you can copy to the lib directory your RecordEditor install (note it is advisable to backup the existing lib directory). These minor releases are not as thoroughly tested as full releases.

I will probably put out a update-release in 1/2/3 months

• Bruce Martin

Bruce Martin - 2015-07-26

I have updated the RecordEditor to support changing the "Text Colors". Also you can use background colors. I would suggest using background colors sparingly as there are some issues with them.

See: https://sourceforge.net/projects/record-editor/files/Test/Version_0.97c/

Last edit: Bruce Martin 2015-08-02