Windows 7 x64 support

Murphy
2010-01-19
2013-05-28
  • Murphy
    Murphy
    2010-01-19

Hi!

I loved your program for the past few years in WindowsXP, and despite many people say, the system tray has become obsolete with the new Windows7 "Superbar" I still like some of my applications in the tray.
    Out of sight while still accessible.

One may think RBTray would work in Windows7, but having a closer look it does not.

Most applications will get minimized, and some even can be forced to stay on top, but at some point (I can't exactly point out when) apps you are typing in are losing focus on any keystroke. Even the ones (like Firefox or OpenOffice) you never minimize to tray at all.
    So if you want to type something, you have to type one letter, click the window, type one letter, click the window, type one etc.pp…

Sadly this issue renders RBTray unusable in Windows7 x64.

Are there any plans to add Win7 support?
    Please let me know :o)

Greetings,
    Murphy

• Nikolay Redko
    Nikolay Redko
    2010-01-19

Murphy,

I have no plans to continue development of RBTray. If there is any developer who can take this project to his hands, just contact me.

• avibp
    avibp
    2012-05-24

No Plans to continue development? 

That is bad news to me.

I'm here only to report a bug in Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit where unlike the op, I have virtually no issues and its working well.  Wont be opening a new thread since I read this one.

The bug (if anyone picks this project up) is that when RBTray is used to minimize a program to the systray then, where another action (Besides clicking on the icon) calls that program back from the systray, the icon remains in the systray and right clicking on the minimize button does not send the open windowed program back to the tray.

The work around for this is to point at the icon that is incorrectly showing in the tray.  When this is done, the icon vanishes and the program can now be sent to the systray by right clicking on the minimize button.

This is obviously NOT a big issue.  It is just an issue.

I hope someone keeps this little program alive.

THANKS !! !! !!