Rakarrack is a richly featured multi-effects processor emulating a guitar
effects pedalboard. Effects include compressor, noise gate, graphic
equalizer, parametric equalizer, flanger, chorus, echo with reverse
playback, musical delay, reverb, digital phaser, analogic phaser, wah-wah,
alien-wah, harmonizer, and three flexible distortion modules including
sub-octave modulation and dirty octave up. Most of the effects engine is
built from modules found in the excellent software synthesizer ZynAddSubFX.
Presets and user interface are optimized for guitar, but Rakarrack processes
signals in stereo while it does not apply internal band-limiting filtering,
and thus is well suited to all musical instruments and vocals. Rakarrack is
designed for Linux distributions with Jack Audio Connection Kit.
- Two new effects have been added: Analog Phaser and Derelict Distortion.
- Limiter at the end of the chain.
- Four new waveshape types: Crunch, Hard Crunch, Dirty Octave+ and Modulated
- Square improving all the Distortion effects..
- Four new LFO wave types: Ramp Up, Ramp Down, Zig-Zag, Modulated Square
- improving Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Pan, etc.
- Sub Octave in Distortion effects.
- Reverse Echo.
- Compressor support for adjustable knee, switch (Mono/Stereo), improved
- automatic gain function.
- Global Wet/Dry (FX%)
- Improvements in Wah-Wah, Tuner and Harmonizer.
- Up to 104 controllable parameters.
- MIDI Learn for each preset.
- jack MIDI
- Scalable Fonts
- Background Image.
- New Logo and Icons.
- Minor things.
- 15 New Presets.
- Improvements on most of the old ones.
- Improved consistency between preset volume levels.
- Help updated.
- Fixed data problem with Big Endian architectures, now rakarrack runs
- properly on PowerPC and maybe others.
- Fixed important CPU usage bug related to computation of denormal numbers.
- Other minor bugs fixed.