Does your computer support SSE or SSE2 instructions? I am wondering if
the ppa build included some hardware options that your computer does
Have you tried rakarrack from the official repository using the package
Something that will help determine whether the problem is something to
do with the compilation vs your hardware is if you compile it on your
I can't think why distortion would not work, but the other FX would
work? Is this the case, or do none of the FX work?
If you would be so kind as to compile it on your own hardware, I can
help you through the process (if you need help). It is not very hard,
even if you have never done it before. If you are experienced with
compiling sources, then I suggest building rakarrack from the current
development (git). Either way, it would be good to find out the
results of building 0.6.1 on your own machine so we can learn what
causes the problem.
On 11/28/2012 03:31 PM, Tim Urberg wrote:
I found this post when doing a Google Search as I have the same
problem. It appears as though distortion does not work in 0.6.1. Here
is what I did, and I apologize for not having any logs yet.
I did all the following on a Dell Inspiron 9300 with a 1.6ghz Pentium M
processor, 2GB of RAM, and 160 GB hard drive:
Jack version 0.118.0 - There were no errors in Jack or Rakarrack
through out this process. I used the Spandex preset to test distortion.
1. I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and installed Rakarrack 0.6.1 (http://packages.ubuntu.com/pt/precise/rakarrack)
- result, distortion did not work.
2. I reformatted the same machine and installed Ubuntu 10.04 and
installed Rakarrack 0.3.0 (http://packages.ubuntu.com/pt/lucid/rakarrack)
- result distortion *did* work, but I did not have all the built-in
preset banks that I liked
3. I updated my ppa to include
version 0.5.8 (https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/extra/+build/1809286)
- result distortion *still* worked, but I still did not have all the
built-in presets (one bank vs three).
4. I updated my ppa again to go up to version 0.6.1 (https://launchpad.net/~autostatic/+archive/ppa/+build/2042082)
- result distortion did *not* work, but I now had the 3 banks I was
Let me know if you need more info.
Keep yourself connected to Go Parallel:
INSIGHTS What's next for parallel hardware, programming and related areas?
Interviews and blogs by thought leaders keep you ahead of the curve.
Rakarrack-users mailing list