Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Convoltron Amp presets

Help
Iger
2012-10-20
2013-05-28
  • Iger
    Iger
    2012-10-20

Is it possible to turn off the amp presets/emulation in the convoltron effect section? I use rakarrack with a real amp…

• Transmogrifox
    Transmogrifox
    2012-11-01

Certainly.  Every effect in Rakarrack can be turned on/off as you wish.  All you have to do is turn off the Convolotron.  The Convolotron /IS/ an amp cabinet emulator, so if you use a real amp there is no reason for using Convolotron at all…unless you are doing interesting or creative things with your own Impulse Response files.

If you want presets that do not include Convolotron, then make a new preset bank and save all the presets you like best…with Convolotron turned off.

Your question has such an obvious answer it makes me fear I may not actually understand your question.  If what I said does not make it clear for you, then you may need to explain more about what you mean.

The short answer is Convolotron can be disabled "on the fly"…and you can save it that way simply by right-clicking the preset name in the preset bank and save.  Save the preset bank before you close Rakarrack, and set that as default for "U" when you start up.  If you don't know how to do that, then you should read the Help built into Rakarrack.  Help shows you what Rakarrack can do, and how to do it.  If after reading Help you have more questions, then ask.

I'm not trying to tell you "RTFM" because I'm impatient, but because the Help is actually helpful.  It even helps me sometimes even though I coded a lot of Rakarrack and understand the program from the inside out…but sometimes I even forget what Rakarrack can do and Help reminds me :)