Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Baffled on Midi Pedal mapping

Help
Kayne k
2010-12-31
2013-05-28
  • Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2010-12-31

I have a Behringer FCB1010 and I cant seem to get any presets to save any of my learned foot controls for say wahwah or volume. 
    Everytime I reload my soundbank it whips this out,  I just started using this for my playing and like it so far and infact got the behringer just by luck for 50 bux.

Anyone got any words of wisdom?

• Josep Andreu
    Josep Andreu
    2010-12-31

Hi

The released preset banks of rakarrack doesent have any MIDI control assign, because that depends of a lot of things ….

In order to save this assignements … you need to creat your own user bank … assign the MIDI controls … then save the preset in the bank … then save the bank as the user bank file you will load each time rakarrack will start.

You can do that with the released banks … but is a lil bit "tricky"  …  you need to do the same … assing the MIDI Controls then save the preset in the bank …. then save this banks on a place that your user has rigth permission to write. 
    Rakarrack always load the installed banks …. located at the instalation share directory … normally /usr/share/rakarrack or /usr/local/share/rakarrack …. the tricky thing … is .. you can always replace this files with the files you have already saved with you MIDI control assign data ready.

Josep

• Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2010-12-31

I was trying to figure out why the User Banks drop down dont actually drop down while we are on that subject.  Is that just me?

• Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2010-12-31

Hrmm I just pulled the fresh cvs and now no distortion/overdrive works so I guess Im on hold on this problem onto the next. :(

• Transmogrifox
    Transmogrifox
    2010-12-31

CVS is version 0.4.2 (a year old).  If you want recent development, pull from git.

• Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2010-12-31

ugh double post wtf srry.  Got that squared away but What is the save Midi table for then? is that not saving mapping assignments?

• Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2010-12-31

Sorry its Git ver I just said CVS  Ill correct that.

• Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2010-12-31

I got it to work with the command line switch saving exactly like Josep says.  But thats the ONLY way it will load the wah/vol pedals without having to relearn every time I restart. 

Eg.

rakarrack -b yourbank.rbnk

• Transmogrifox
    Transmogrifox
    2010-12-31

Settings->Preferences, Bank tab.

Set the location for the "Bank Filename" to your custom bank.  It will load this bank on start every time.  Putting a correct path name to your custom bank is equal to $rakarrack -b yourbank.rkrb

Then, the user banks drop-down does not give you a list of user banks because there probably aren't any banks in the directory where it's pointing.  You need to set that to a valid directory, like ~/Rakarrack_Banks (for example), then save your custom banks in this directory.  If you have 4 or 5 custom banks, then you will see the drop-down list populated with them.  This is useful because you can set all your MIDI parameters on one bank, then make any new presets based on that bank, and store several different banks.  Even if they have many of the same presets within them, you can make minor tweaks and save the banks for different purposes or different gigs… or you could use it as a means to sort and classify preset types to your liking.

The default MIDI table is valid if you don't use MIDI learn.  Then you could program your FCB1010 to messages consistent with the pre-defined table and then don't use MIDI learn.  Some people prefer it this way.

The nice thing about MIDI learn is you can assign several parameters to the same MIDI message so you can adjust multiple things at the same time with an expression pedal (for example).  Or you can assign multiple MIDI messages to the same parameter to adapt to different MIDI controllers.

I hope that is helpful.  Also look at the Help General Section.  If you use MIDI learn, look at the MIDI learn section of Help and also at the Settings->Preferences->MIDI section.

• Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2011-01-06

Im actually toying around with the UnO firmware on it and cant seem to get stomp box mode to map like Pedal 6 to something like "STOMPBOX on/off" globally.    So far any attempts to program it with the editor have failed.  I must be putting the p[arams in wrong or something.

So i put in the FCB1010 editor while in stompbox mode, that its on

PC 116
    CC 56
    VAL1 = 1

and I have tried setting various things for val1 and val2.

Tried this both from editor and global config.

• Josep Andreu
    Josep Andreu
    2011-01-07

The StompBox On/Off is with CC=59

• Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2011-04-06

I should have replied sooner but I think the issue is operator error..  I just havent figured out how to program stompbox mode I guess to work with rakarrack correctly.   Probably need to understand more about how to make the FCB1010 work with this FW and rakarrack.  Just surprised there arent others out there, its a pretty each pedal board to get your hands on compared to others.