rakarrack sound settings ?

Yop Yep
2009-08-07
2013-05-28
  • Yop Yep
    Yop Yep
    2009-08-07

Hi,

Rakarrack runs on my system, but what about sound settings ? How can i have the best possible sound quality ? At this time, the quality is as like as 8 bits/22 kHz, even if i change DAC.

Thanks.

• Josep Andreu
      Josep Andreu
      2009-08-08

The sound settings are the jackd (Realtime Sound Server) settings, the most easy way to change and explore is using the qjackctl program.

• Yop Yep
      Yop Yep
      2009-08-08

Ok,
      But when i change settings in qjackctl to have 96 kHz for example, and when i launch rakarrack on console, it says that use 48 kHz. Is there any limation in Rakarrack in sampling rate ?

Thanks.

• Josep Andreu
        Josep Andreu
        2009-08-11

if you launch any modern  jackd client like rakarrack before launch the jackd server automatically starts the jackd server with the default configuration.

The sampling rate is jackd parameter, rakarrack use the sampling rate reading this parameter in the jackd server. Try to start first jackd, or edit their default configuration.

Anyway my modest soundcard is in the motherboard and only runs at 48kHz,  personally I never check rakarrack at 96kHz,  but you are the first with that problem, and I think if there is a problem probably was reported months ago. (I dont know ..)

Another problem can be the ALSA driver, I know  a Creative Labs ALSA drivers that dont support 96kHZ.

Please ... can you send me the jackd logs?

Josep