Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Looper issue

Kayne k
2011-02-10
2013-05-28
  • Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2011-02-10

HI,

Running rakarrack 0.6.2 git ver but cannot make for the likes of me make this work from the help.   It will start recording like 1 sec then the volume fades completely out then the master out vol is just sitting maxxed.  

My OS = Gentoo

Example sequence of operation:
    Set Wet/Dry to 0, Level 1 to 64, Auto Play Active, Track 1 active, R1 active. Press record and begin to play into the loop. When finished, press record again, and your loop will immediately start up from the beginning. Play along, or press record again to add more parts to the loop.[/code][/u]

commit d5b6060a84823911d293d12a7768f5d79615a27b
    Author: holborn <holborn@users.sourceforge.net>
    Date:   Sat Jan 29 18:01:24 2011 +0000

Is anyone else having this issue?_

• Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2011-02-10

Hrmm I wiped my conf files out and at least got it working a tad better.

• Transmogrifox
    Transmogrifox
    2011-02-10

By default the maximum looper time is 1 second because the memory is allocated when the program starts.  If you want to use the looper, then you need to go into settings and preferences to set the max time to what is the maximum you would normally use.  We set the default to limit memory usage for people who don't use Looper.

Another tip:  If the GUI max 30 seconds is not enough, then you can make it arbitrarily as long as you want by changing it with a text editor in the config file.  The element for looper is obvious in the config file.

I need to review the help and make sure it is accurate.  We made some changes for 0.6.2 and maybe we didn't perfectly rewrite the help ;/  I will look when I have time.

I hope that is helpful.

• Kayne k
    Kayne k
    2011-02-11

Ok Great.  Im just having a time with it.   Im just a nub when it comes to linux for this kinda stuff.   I have only recently just picked up playing again,  I think the last time I owned a guitar and really played it was 1991.   This is such a great starting tool I  barely use my amp. 

I think if i could map my stupid FCB1010 to the record of it that would be cool too.