Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Stereo to mono :)

kostia
2012-04-18
2013-05-28
  • kostia
    kostia
    2012-04-18

Hello dear programmers!
    Recent topic (mono to stereo) reminded me one idea, which was posted somewhere in Russian linux forums.
    The idea is to remove static noise which goes thru the sound card.

What we have: one line in stereo jack gives a signal, and second gives "ground". Both have noise which adds sound card. To remove this noise we must apply complex filters, and they eat CPU
    But if you inverse "ground" channel and then mix them in one mono channel it will be like a karaoke effect for noise. I tried it, and it works, so, why don't you add this option to Rakarrack? (or maybe you already done this?)

• Transmogrifox
    Transmogrifox
    2012-04-19

This is actually a great idea and it is easy to implement ;).  If I get some time I will push this to git.  It will likely show up as an option in the Preferences dialog, but maybe just a button on the main program face, something like "Differential Input".

• kostia
    kostia
    2012-04-19

O'k :)
    One more thing - your blog is dead (and new one to :)), screenshots and video is to old, latest release was in november 2010 (0.6.1), I know that there's always svn, but what is happening with Rakarrack? Please don't stop!

• Transmogrifox
    Transmogrifox
    2012-04-20

Progress has been very slow.  We have two active developers, but things have been busy (maybe I should update the blog).  As you probably know, these kinds of projects are often a product of a developer's personal time, and if other things demand the time, then the software project slows down.

On the upside, I love this project and I'm always trying to slip in some time to work improving things, but it is much slower.  A year ago I had enough time to put 2 or 3 hours a day into it, now I get about 2 or 3 hours a month into it.  I have to realistically admit I don't have that much time any more, so progress is slower, but it doesn't stop.

Looking at the changelog reminds me we should just clean it up and release it.  I keep wanting to finish my "UltraCompressor", but probably it can go to another release… 

Anyway, we're slowed down, but the project is not dead :)  Cheers!