Settings|Preferences not showing values

sunset
2010-07-18
2013-05-28
  • sunset
    sunset
    2010-07-18

Having read info on adjusting convolotron to avoid application hang, I tried to adjust settings. Does the following situation seem normal ?
    - none of the drop down boxes have an item displayed (white box)
    - dropping down a list might show 1 or 2 items (I think these might be grayed out), but the others are white
    - running the mouse of the item shows the text eg 4000
    - click triggers the "you need to restart rk"
    - the changed setting is not showing on the dropdown box
    - after restart, there is no change to what is seen on the settings page (for these dropdown boxes)
    - tick boxes are changed, stored, reloaded, drawn correctly.
    "A picture is worth…": http://members.iinet.net.au/~timmsy/bugz/rakarrack.settings_preferences.drop-down-box-no_setting.png

• Josep Andreu
    Josep Andreu
    2010-07-18

Hi ..

no .. is really strange …. try to change the schema in the Look Options to gtk+ ….. hope that will fix …. I really dont know why the widgets dont get their text color …. what version of fltk are you running?

Josep

• sunset
    sunset
    2010-07-18

Hi, yes setting the look|schema to either gtk+ or plastic allows the dropdown boxes to show their text. I realize now that this applies across rakarrack's main interface as well (ie there was supposed to be visible text in those boxes).

This does make it a bit more obvious that the settings actually have values, and what they are ;-)
    fltk-1.1.9-6.fc12.x86_64

This does raise an issue with the plastic scheme as well:
    - font|list is a light blue #cfd8dc  , and the text is just slightly off blue #bfdfd5 , meaning it's nearly unreadable.
    - when I click on a font, it highlights black and can read it for the duration of the click (down) action, but it then becomes difficult to see again.
    - when the prefs page is first opened, the font is black lightlighted, but the highlighting disappears if any item is chosen.
    - an external resource on contrast:
    http://juicystudio.com/services/luminositycontrastratio.php#specify
    shows the colour contrast as 1.02:1, where a higher numbers like 4.5:1 is considered good.

• Josep Andreu
    Josep Andreu
    2010-07-18

Hi

We suggest fltk 1.1.10 …  the GUI look is made it in gtk+ … by default is with the fltk scheme because some older versions of fltk doesent have gtk+ scheme …. and for maintain compatibility ….

About contrast .. in menus that is made internally by fltk … I never have this problem … maybe can be something about fltk and your desktop manager … I really don't know … I will inverstigate ..

Josep