Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

A brand new demo to celebrate the new 0.6.x

Shaji
2010-08-04
2013-05-28
  • Shaji
    Shaji
    2010-08-04

The new 0.6.x series is awesome! I made a new demo to test the new rig, and to demonstrate the various ways in which sounds can be merged.

The song is called Sound Of Evolution:
    http://sites.google.com/site/djshaji/media/TheSoundofEvolution.ogg

I would be honored if it could be posted on the demo page on the main website.

Enjoy!

• Transmogrifox
    Transmogrifox
    2010-08-04

Would you give us a list of the effects modules and/or presets used in the recording, and on what instruments?  Also may be useful to list any other software used to compose the recording, because of course it isn't made exclusively with Rakarrack :)

Thanks again for the demo and for letting us know you appreciate Rakarrack.  :-)

• Shaji
    Shaji
    2010-08-10

For the main preset, I used Rodent Airlines on the new version. The drum track was made on "LMMS" ( Linux Multimedia Studio ) and the Synth used was ZynAddSubFx. Here we have a complete Studio rig with only a PC and Linux.

The real credit goes to programmers like you who contribute their time and efforts to design and maintain such wonderful software :)

• Transmogrifox
    Transmogrifox
    2010-08-10

Thanks for the information :)  It helps identify the sounds in the music.

I think the credit for the music goes to musicians.  I have no doubt you could produce the same or better quality of music using a 4-track tape deck, hardware synthesizers and hardware stompboxes.  In the end the musician makes the music, though the software studio arrangement may make it easier, or help to improve the work flow :)

I'm glad that in some aspect we are able to encourage your creativity.