Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Integration with mythtv

Help
2010-10-31
2013-05-01
  • Thierry LOYER
    Thierry LOYER
    2010-10-31

First, thanks for the good job !
    I try to integrate radiotray with Mythtv.
    Using testdbus.py , a mythtv-menu and my IR-remote,  I can play a  radio, stop, and I get notification in systray when the song change.
    What I wish, is to obtain the metadata from a command, at any time in the systray.
    If i invoke testdbus.py with -metadata option, i get the good  info in a console, but no tooltip in the systray.
    Is it a way to obtain it ?
    Thanks.

• Carlos Ribeiro
    Carlos Ribeiro
    2010-11-04

Thanks.
    That's great. Unfortunately I don't have a suitable remote to test. But it sounds cool
    Let me see if I understood…you want to display the metadata on the radiotray's notification windows on-demand, through dbus ? Right now there's no functionaly for that. The notification windows are displayed when an event occurs (e.g on a song change). And through DBus you can get that info and do whatever with it (display it in another application, etc)

• Thierry LOYER
    Thierry LOYER
    2010-11-07

Thanks for your answer.

And through DBus you can get that info and do whatever with it (display it in another application, etc)

Yes, that is exactly that I wish to obtain.  The same info as displayed when the song change, but on demand througt DBUS.
    But I don't know how to obtain this.
    Can you give me a lead (files in radiotray, weblink or whatever )  ?
    Thanks.

• Carlos Ribeiro
    Carlos Ribeiro
    2010-11-15

You can look at the file "testdbus.py" on the source code. There's an example there on how to achieve what you want :)