Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

add category

Help
islam
2011-10-08
2013-05-28
  • islam
    islam
    2011-10-08

hi,

1- i want to make the first page like a category to chose from it

e.x : laguages  , history ,

and after enter the category you will find the quiz

e.x : languages --> Arabic quiz , english quiz , etc….

2 - after make category i want to make "random quiz" for this category
    3 - user if need can set numbers for questions .

Thank you.

• Joe B.
    Joe B.
    2011-11-05

Hi there,

1. This would require a bit of new code for quizzy that I don't have the time for at the moment but it is an interesting idea so I added it to the feature requests. My suggestion is to have a page that lists the categories with hyperlinks each taking you to a different page with a separate installation of quizzy for the quiz categories.

Like this: index.php contains links to eng_quizzes/index.php for english quizzes and a link to arb_quizzes/index.php for Arabic quizzes. Then in each of those folders, you have a separate quizzy folder with a quizzes folder containing only the English or Arabic quizzes.

2. This should be considerably easier and I'll look into it after making this reply.

3. If you mean that users can make numeric answers in a input field, then look at quizzy 2.0 beta 1. It already allows you to make questions like that. quizzyBuilder does not yet, however, so you'll have to hand-craft those questions in xml (it's still pretty easy). If you need any help, just ask!

• islam
    islam
    2011-11-08

Thank you for reply

1 - i already have done that , thank you.
    2 - yes please give me the code after make it .
    3 - no , not that what i want ,i want to make user if the quiz is (200 question ) so they can choose numbers of questions as they like "ex : 50" and they will be randomly from the 200 question and it can't be repetition if they play again.

4 - images in answers is very small i want to make it resize on mouseover

Thank You.

• islam
    islam
    2012-01-11

about point 4 :

or i want the page auto resize the height , i want to add imaged in question and answer in Original size

• Joe B.
    Joe B.
    2012-03-12

About your clarification for 3: That would also require a large amount of work to change the way that quizzy works and cannot be done with the current code.

4. You can set the size that your images get resized to the quizzy.css file. Line 151 sets the width and height of the image served with the explanations, line 133 sets the dimensions of the image that is served as an option. Change the max-width and max-height values to your liking.

• Joe B.
    Joe B.
    2012-03-12

Also, sorry for such a late reply!

• islam
    islam
    2012-03-12

thank you for replay
    i have done point 4,

but about point 3, what about if we do it in easy way ?

set a fixed number of questions in the quizzy file and evry time any one want to play it will show this fixed number of questions but selected randomly from the quizzy file .
    is that easier or the same ??