Hybrid transformer

Help
2013-10-31
2013-11-01
  • Hi,
    I still cannot model and simulate hybrid transformer which is shown in the picture from attachment. I tried smth. with QUCS but it is not still working (please, see attached schematics). In the schematics the voltage from source is coupled to the 2 secondary coils of the upper transformer and further the same voltage signal but phase shifted is coupled through secondary coil to the primary coil of the lower transformer (till here correct), but if I connect node labelle with 'a' to the secondary coil of the lower transformer, it is not working as desired. (As original idea node 'a' should couple the same signal and node 'b' should couple phase shifted signal and the sum of the two gives zero signal...).. Could smbdy help me with this circuit, please? I need it very much...
    Regards

Last edit: Shuhrat Rahimov 2013-10-31
  • Hello,
    Here is also another implementation with active components. But, unfortunately, it is not working also... Could smbdy help me? see attachment please

Attachments
  • Richard C
    Richard C
    2013-11-01

In general I would avoid the use of the ideal transformer component and instead use the mutual inductor components. The ideal transformer behaviour is not well defined in transient simulations. See if you can get it working using the mutual inductor components.

• Guilherme
    Guilherme
    2013-11-01

Ok, I didn't know there where issues with the ideal transformer. I just suggested it to an user on qucs-help.

• I tried with coupled inductors! now it somehow seems to work. Ideally voltage in node 'c' in the lower transformers should be zero, now very low voltage can be seen in node 'c'. Should I add some resistances or smth. else to completely remove that in node 'c'? And how to get the configuration shown in the picture from the first post?
    Thanks in advance

Attachments
  • Richard C
    Richard C
    2013-11-01

The issue with the ideal transformer in transient simulations is that it has no resistance so the voltage across it is difficult to define. It works in AC and DC sims, but is best avoided in transient sims.

• So, what about my hybrid? I still cannot figure out how to get that...