Digital source with arbitrary bit sequence

Help
2013-10-28
2013-10-28
  • Hello,
    For my mixed signal simulaton I wanted to have a digital source which qives e.g. 1010010001010100111 codeword in sequence. With the default digital source it seems not possible to do this, while it gives only periodic rectangle function. Could somebody give hints how to get digital source with arbitrary bit sequence
    Thanks in advance

Last edit: Shuhrat Rahimov 2013-10-28
  • Guilherme
    Guilherme
    2013-10-28

I am not sure if there is a easy way of representing a binary word on a Mixed signal simulation.
    You can use a simple digital source and set the 'times' for changing the values.
    See the attached figure generating 3 nibbles of your bitstream.
    Note that it is not really flexible, if you change the assumed clock, you have to do it all over again.

Attachments
    • Thanks a lot! This is what I want. Sorry, I thought that only one period can be set in Digital source. Thanks again that you showed me how to configure digital sources. I am really starting to like QUCS. Could you give some links where additional advanced tricks for QUCS may be described?(I don't want to bother you all the time :-) )

• Guilherme
    Guilherme
    2013-10-28

Take a look on the existing documentation is available on the website: http://qucs.sourceforge.net/docs.html

This was not really a trick. It is a feature of the digital source. However, I am not sure if it documented elsewhere than the source settings itself.