QUCS users : who are you ?

2012-05-19
2012-12-15
  • frank buloup
    frank buloup
    2012-05-19

Hello,

Thanks a lot for this very useful project. Hope it will come at the end of its roadmap ! I'm working in a french laboratory, the "Institut des Sciences du Mouvement", in Marseille, France. I'm using QUCS for teaching. I'm writing a reference for QUCS in PLUME, a french project to promote useful, economic and controlled software (https://www.projet-plume.org/) but I do not have any information on QUCS usage.

Could you please write where QUCS is officially used ? In which company, which university or research group ? In other words : you, all the people who are using QUCS, who are you ? where are you working ?

Thanks a lot for your answers :-)

• Cousteau
    Cousteau
    2012-07-02

Personally I've rarely used Qucs as a student; more like a hobby.  However I've used Qucs for learning purposes before even knowing it existed:  its documentation (which I found on Google) is quite nice and was rather helpful when I was learning the Modified Nodal Analysis method.

I think the educational potential of this program is underrated:  it's free, unrestricted, translated to many languages, has an extended documentation, multi-platform, incredibly easy to use…  not very powerful but probably just what a student needs.  One of its weak points is its slow development, though.