Does QuantumDB officially support CUBRID?

General
2010-05-12
2013-05-01
  • Esen Sagynov
    Esen Sagynov
    2010-05-12

I found an article in Korean which says QuantumDB works with CUBRID. The article provides very detailed tutorial on how to connect to CUBRID using QuantumDB. Is it correct? I wonder whether the latest version supports CUBRID?

If, it works with CUBRID, I will add QuantumDB to the list of Apps&Tools which support CUBRID. I will post a tutorial of it, provided that you can send it to me, to Official CUBRID Community Web Site at http://cubrid.org under Apps&Tools.

Please, let me know about it.

• Julen Parra
    Julen Parra
    2010-05-12

In principle, any database with a compliant JDBC driver is supported by Quantum. You can download the latest version from
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/quantum/files/
    Remember that it's a Eclipse plugin and so won't work as a standalone tool.

• Esen Sagynov
    Esen Sagynov
    2010-05-13

I installed the latest Eclipse, GEF, and QuantumDB. Works charmingly. I made sure CUBRID has JDBC driver. Located on the browser. Established a bookmark. Then, it says it cannot connect. Some kind of error. Here is a screenshot . Please take a look. If you can solve this issue and would provide me a solution, I would be glad to publish it on cubrid.org.

• Esen Sagynov
    Esen Sagynov
    2010-05-13

The Connection URL is:
    jdbc:cubrid:localhost:8001:demodb:::
    Username and password are administrator's.

I connect to CUBRID on my CUBRID Manager through 8001 port. So I tried even 33000 port. Nothing worked out.

• johnnyh
    johnnyh
    2010-05-13

Dear Kadishmal,

I downloaded the 64 bit version of curbrid 2008 R2.2 and installed on my windows 7 system. Following the instructions on the curbrid jdbc pages, I updated my environment variables (PATH to the java bin directory and CLASSPATH to the curbrid\jdbc directory).
    I then created a new bookmark, importing a new driver in the process (generic jdbc) with cubrid.jdbc.driver.CUBRIDDriver as class name. I got this as version: 8.2.2.0261.
    The connection string I used was: jdbc:cubrid:localhost:33000:demodb:::
    I left username and password blank.
    Then I connected and could see 10 sports related tables.

Please try the same and report back.

Kind regards,

Jan

• Esen Sagynov
    Esen Sagynov
    2010-05-13

Did same. Here is what I receive.

Did not work. Could you please post your final screenshot?

• johnnyh
    johnnyh
    2010-05-13

Here is the screenshot that proves the connection is made:

I think I left out something in my previous post:
    In a command window I also issued the following commands:
    cubrid service start
    cubrid server start demodb
    cubrid service status
    I can then use "csql demodb" to query the demo database.'

• johnnyh
    johnnyh
    2010-05-13

Or perhaps you forgot to let the installer create the demodb?

• Esen Sagynov
    Esen Sagynov
    2010-05-14

Now it works like a charming! Simply put, the service was not started. I got used to its being always on. When I reinstalled the system, I forgot to turn it on.

Also, I have a proposal for you. Why don't you post on your main page that CUBRID is also supported. I will also post an article on CUBRID Community page at cubrid.org and CUBRID Blog at blog.cubrid.org. Then you may redirect to those pages from your main page, so that users do not have same problems as I did. I will try to explain every single step accompanying with screenshots.

Tell me what you think.

• Esen Sagynov
    Esen Sagynov
    2010-05-14

Here is a link http://blog.cubrid.org/ to an article I wrote about connecting to CUBRID through QuantumDB. You can provide this link on your main page.

• Julen Parra
    Julen Parra
    2010-05-14

OK, I'll try to add it to the main page when I find some time. Thanks for the info.

Good vibes.

• Julen Parra
    Julen Parra
    2010-05-15

Main page at quantum.sourceforge.net updated

• Esen Sagynov
    Esen Sagynov
    2011-01-27

Hi,

How is your project going on? I have recently created the CUBRID Projects page at http://www.cubrid.org/projects and have placed the QuantumDB as one of the tools to work with CUBRID. I have made some changes to its contents. You can see it here http://www.cubrid.org/quantumdb_eclipse_plugin.

So, could you please change the link on your home page to point to this latest version of the QuantumDB tutorial?

Thanks in advance!

• Julen Parra
    Julen Parra
    2011-01-28

I'm trying, but the sourceforge file interfaces seem to be down due to an attack. We'll see how long it takes.

Good vibes and thanks for the reference.

Julen

• Julen Parra
    Julen Parra
    2011-02-02

Website updated.

• Esen Sagynov
    Esen Sagynov
    2011-02-07

Thank you jparrai! Have a great day!