Help
Will
2008-12-24
2013-04-05
  • Will

Will - 2008-12-24

Hello,

I'm getting these three errors on startup in this order:

Error: The required 'kdesu' executable file could not be found. See 'Doc/INSTALL.txt' for more info.

Error: The required 'krdc' executable file could not be found. See 'Doc/INSTALL.txt' for more info.

Error: The required 'konsole' executable file could not be found. See 'Doc/INSTALL.txt' for more info.

When I click O.K on the third error Quamachi quits.

Any help on getting dependencies installed on Ubuntu 8.10 would be awesome. First step anyhow.

If I just ignore the errors Quamachi runs fine and can even connect to my network. Though I cant even ping yet. Trying to figure that one out now (even with firewall off).

Thanks,

Will

• Will

Will - 2008-12-25

Last two errors went away after installing both packages via Synaptic.

I installed kdesudo 3.3.1 via Synaptc but Quamachi still complains that kdesu is missing.

• Will

Will - 2008-12-25

O.K I can now successfully see and interact with all PCs after runnning these three commands:

sudo tuncfg
      sudo chmod 777 /var/run/tuncfg.sock
      hamachi start

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-12-25

The 'kdesu' executable is part of 'kdebase'.  For the moment, you can possibly just create a dummy executable and Quamachi should use 'kdesudo' by preference.

The next release of Quamachi will feature an 'Options' directory, where the user can specify which external executables to use.  For example, they might prefer "gnome-terminal" to "konsole".

• Will

Will - 2009-01-01

Thanks, it's all good. Look forward to new build some time this year. ;)