Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Simple feature suggestion !

Anonymous
2012-04-05
2013-05-30

• Anonymous
    2012-04-05

Would it be possible to select different toolbar background colors/images for when the window is active versus in the background?   I think there are some great potential creative things that could be done with a feature like this. :)

• Mike Connor
    Mike Connor
    2012-04-05

You can set the tabs up for that;

This is what it looks like;

Regards….Mike Connor

• Mike Connor
    Mike Connor
    2012-04-05

Here's a tab image for that setup;

and another one for the more normal light coloured setups;

Regards….Mike Connor

• Mike Connor
    Mike Connor
    2012-04-05

To highlight active windows use the windows colour customisation setup;

Regards….Mike Connor

• Anonymous
    2012-04-21

I'm appreciate the response but this does not apply to what I was referring to.  I'm really talking about the "toolbar background image" option and having the ability to select 2 images here, 1 for active windows and 1 for inactive images so that you could have 1 image to match the color of the "active title bar" and 1 to match the "inactive title bar" .  Maybe this seems pointless to you, but as someone who loves to customize their explorer, it would add a lot to visual cues and patterns.  :)   Please reconsider as it would further differentiate your software from quizos. :)

• skrell
    skrell
    2012-04-21

I appreciate the response but this does not apply to what I was referring to. I'm really talking about the "toolbar background image" option and having the ability to select 2 images here, 1 for active windows and 1 for inactive windows so that you could have 1 image to match the color of the "active title bar" and 1 to match the "inactive title bar" . Maybe this seems pointless to you, but as someone who loves to customize their explorer, it would add a lot to visual cues and patterns. :) Please reconsider as it would further differentiate your software from quizos. :)

• AJ Luna
    AJ Luna
    2012-07-18

Isn't it useless?
    You will always have an active tab no matter what you do, so there's no chance for an separate background image for inactive bar to ever appear.

If you're referring to active and inactive windows having separate toolbar background image, I'm not aware of any software that can do that. You can change the details panes of special folders but not normal folders, and that will require you to hack your .dlls.
    Also if you're really referring to active/inactive windows, I believe QTTabBar is developed so people would narrow down their explorer to just one active window, hence the tabs. So I don't think they'll include that feature anytime soon.