Here it is...

2005-09-19
2013-04-11
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • cel72
    cel72
    2005-10-06

that's so cool! I found out about ogg-files yesterday, after
    downloading some music encoded like this - and then it was hard to play them (G4 QT7) besides VLC ( which is always
    the first solution for any kind of file.
    And now , with these components it works - also the conversion to .aiff! perfect! this developer should get
    a lot of donations - spread the news!

• Steve
    Steve
    2005-11-20

I'm so glad someone who knew how to do this finally did it.  I had this pile of OGG files just sitting on my desktop waiting to drop into iTunes - gone!  And they sound great, they load quickly (not like the old OGG plugin, which stopped my computer cold for 10 seconds on each song - causing many dead DVD-R's!)  Thank you thank you!  Runs on 10.4.3/Quicktime 7.0.3/iTunes 6.0.1, and fast!  :-)

• Arek Korbik
      Arek Korbik
      2005-11-25

I think it only gets better! I would like to announce the new Xiph QuickTime Components project. Please see:
      http://www.xiph.org/quicktime/

And for all those still reading this post: I'd like to thank everybody for all the feedback and support and help. And I hope our co-operation will not stop with new project.

I will try to contact personally all the developers who contributed to qtcomponents project, but if I miss somebody - please contact me if you would like to contribute to the new project too. The new project web-pages have all the details and contact info.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you!
      Arek

• Most excellent! The new component works perfectly (still the delay when loading large files, though). You are my hero!

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)