Has This Project Been Orphaned?

• Ambush_Bug

It seems the site admins aren't developing this anymore.... the last update was over a year ago now, and the component has been broken for over a month.....   is anyone going to pick up the ball and fix the problems with this component and quick time 7?

I would look into myself, but I have no idea how to debug a component of another third party program...   if some one could tell me how I could debug this  in Xcode (ie how to load the component and set breakpoints,etc.) then I would look into it...

• Brendan

I'm curious too if anyone is developing this.  Abandoned?

• Yeah, it seems like nobody's working on this anymore. I'm actually putting off upgrading to Tiger because I know I'll lose OGG support, so I hope someone will pick up development on this plug-in -- or Apple finally includes native OGG support. I'd try to fix it myself if I had the time for it, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Anyone who does have the time to work on it, check out this bug page for some very useful information:

So what needs to be done is upgrading the plug-in from Sound Manager to CoreAudio.
      You can get the XCode project through CVS. Just enter these two commands in the terminal:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/qtcomponents login
        (then press enter for the password)
      cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/qtcomponents co -P qtoggvorbis

And you'll have the source code with the XCode project in your home dir. You may need to change some settings to make the project compile, since it's made with a way old version of XCode (or even Project Builder). Then you can start digging into the code...
      As for debugging, it may be simpler to just use fprintf(stderr,"...") calls in the code and check the output in the Console, since I have no idea how one could use a debugger for a QuickTime plug-in.

• Mark Dixon
        Mark Dixon

You can debug by attaching gdb to Quicktime Player or iTunes. Not sure about through XCode though.