Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

0.9.3.1 still not fully operable

Help
Voblin
2007-05-22
2013-04-17
  • Voblin
    Voblin
    2007-05-22

1. Qpegps can't start after Adding Profile with any name
    2. Looks like that map file format now incompatible (scale problems?)!!! Very bad news if you already have big maps collection. Bad idea.
    3. Qpegps requeries too much RAM for some operations ()
    4. Qpegps works too slow even on overclocked C3200
    5. "Waiting the connection..." even in map mode.

Good, but not completed work...

So I can't incorporate my new additions in this version.

• heihee
      heihee
      2007-06-17

Configuration: SL-C860, Sharp ROM, Holux GR-271, gpsd 2.34

I just uninstalled 0.9.3pre and installed 0.9.3.1

qpegps is not starting ticking the icon in "laptop" mode so I used konsole:

bash-2.05$ qpegps
      Display size = 480x640
      could not open translation file /home/QtPalmtop//i18n/en/libsl.qmid
      QLibrary open failed!: /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so, libkke.so.1: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
      killall: gpsd: no process killed
      stop script called 

executing cardctl resume
      start script called 

stop script called 
      bash-2.05$  

On my Zaurus the translation file i18n/en/libsl.qmid is not existing - I copied it from the /home/QtPalmtop/i18n/ja/ directory.
      There is a "//" in the path but that seems to be no problem.
      The problem with the shared object file libqsfepj.so, libkke.so.1 is solved: there was no link...       

After doing this changes on my system:

bash-2.05$ qpegps
      SlSharedManager: can't get proc entry
      Display size = 480x640
      killall: gpsd: no process killed
      stop script called

executing cardctl resume
      start script called

stop script called

bash-2.05$

Ticking the icon is working in "handheld" mode so detecting the display orientation at startup seems to be the problem. Turning the display later is working.

"OK-menu" not working until ticking screen and canceling saving the location and saving a place is not working correctly. This funktion seems not to be stable. Maybe freezing GPS position for saving (just idea) because saving in map mode is working properly.
      Track animation is very slow with GPS connection in background. Idea: pausing processing GPS data during this and go on when track is finished.
      I'm using maps in gif format downloaded from GoogleMaps without problems.
      Test still going on...

• heihee
      heihee
      2007-07-13

Now I tried the "Heading Up" option: It's not slowing down so much - maybe that' based on my GIF maps...

I also tried adding a profile: the settings I made were not saved and qpegps was confused. Then I deleted the profiles in qpegps.conf and everything was o.k. again. As next step I copied the default profile, saved with a new name and made the settings by using an editor - the same as before. It seems to be a problem with the file handling in qpegps (like saving a location)...