An attempt to uprade qpegps from 0.9.2.3.3 triggered a problem with gpsd. I do not quite understand how could it happen, but here are the facts:
My system is a Zaurus C1000, Cacko 1.23, Socket CF bluetooth card and Globalsat BT-338 (on /dev/rfcomm0)
- backed up my old working config
- ipkg remove qpegps (0.9.2.3.3)
- ipkg install gpsd
- ipkg install qpegps (0.9.3)
- tried to fix it with no success by editing configs and the qpegps binary several times. (see bug 1669793 at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1669793&group_id=55933&atid=478750\)
- ipkg remove gpsd
- ipkg remove qpegps (0.9.3)
- ipkg install qpegps (0.9.2.3.3)
The old gpsd which comes inside old qpegps package and to the best of my memory did work for more than a year in the same environment, with the same configs and with the same hardware cannot connect to qpegps. The "gpsd" box does not stay constanly green. Instead it flashes red irregularly as if trying to reconnect all the time. Other boxes are red.
The GPS device itself is OK and connected
#rfcomm show tells me that it is connected and tty-attached.
cat /dev/rfcomm0 shows garbage though the parameters are OK without doubt.
New gpsd works well, but working qpegps does not connect to it. What can I do?