I have released qpdf version 2.1.3. There are two small bug fixes in this version, both for relatively obscure cases. This version of qpdf is able to read files with incorrect padding at the end of AES (encrypted) streams, and it is also able to rewrite files with certain types of unreferenced objects in them. For details, please see the ChangeLog file.
I have released qpdf 2.1.2. This release includes a fix to a bug that sometimes caused qpdf to crash with an assertion failure when linearizing some files with "compressed objects". This bug was due to the padding calculation failing to take compression into account.
I have released qpdf 2.1.1. There are no functionality changes relative to 2.1. The only changes are a small tweak to an internal header file to make it compile properly with gcc 4.4 and an enhancement to the test suite to let it ignore a broken Adobe Reader installation.
I have released version 2.1 of qpdf. There are no significant changes from the release candidate. The changes from the release candidate include a small code change to make qpdf more tolerant of certain damaged files and some improvements to the RPM .spec file.
I have uploaded a 2.1 release candidate. If there are no major problems over the next week, I will release a final 2.1 version next weekend. Sources and Windows binaries are available. A version is also being uploaded to debian's experimental release.
I plan on doing a 2.1 beta release very soon, hopefully this weekend if possible. Among the major enhancements are full Windows support and support for newer encryption formats (AES, crypt filters) along with several API improvements. Stay tuned!
I have a version of qpdf that now passes its test suite on Windows. I'm looking into how to make the functionality available from a DLL before releasing a beta version. Let me know if you are interested in trying it out in the mean time.
I'm in the process of working on a Windows port of qpdf. I've made a handful of portability fixes already, though all the changes are minor. I expect to be working on this very gradually over several weeks. I'll probably release the result as version 2.1.0, most likely with a beta release or two ahead of it.
I have released 2.0.6 with one very small bug fix: qpdf now properly ignores stream decode parameters that it doesn't understand while leaving the stream unfiltered.
Version 2.0.5 includes a small bug fix to the LZW decoder and some enhancements to make it easier to work with files that have damaged streams.
Coincidentally, just days after I released 2.0.3, I incorporated some improvements suggested by a user and fixed a long-standing problem with the LZW decoder's handling of a type of input I didn't have a sample of! 2.0.4 includes this small fix to the LZW decoder and a few other minor enhancements.
I have released qpdf version 2.0.3. There are no functional changes to the qpdf program itself. The only functional change is in a library method for returning strings with UTF-8 encoding. This method now properly decodes UTF-16 strings in the PDF file. There was also a change made so that qpdf 2.0.3 compiles properly with gcc 4.4.
QPDF 2.0.2 has been released. There are no functional changes from 2.0.1. The test suite has been modified so that it works properly with Perl 5.10 and with /bin/sh that isn't bash.
QPDF 2.0.1 has been released. This version is functionally identical to 2.0 but includes fixes for 64-bit systems, gcc 4.3, and systems that don't have multiple English language locales configured.
It turns out qpdf 2.0 has a few issues with 64-bit systems, gcc 4.3, and systems that don't have some english language locales. 2.0.1 will be coming shortly to fix all of these issues.
The QPDF 2.0 release is now available.