From: Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql...> - 2011-08-11 21:33:49
I have released qpdf version 2.3.0 on sourceforge. Here are the release
notes for this version. All changes here are the results of suggestions
or requests from users plus one bug fix.
* Bug fix: when preserving existing encryption on encrypted files with
cleartext metadata, older qpdf versions would generate
password-protected files with no valid password. This operation now
works. This bug only affected files created by copying existing
encryption parameters; explicit encryption with specification of
cleartext metadata worked before and continues to work.
* Enhance QPDFWriter with a new constructor that allows you to delay the
specification of the output file. When using this constructor, you may
now call QPDFWriter::setOutputFilename to specify the output file, or
you may use QPDFWriter::setOutputMemory to cause QPDFWriter to write
the resulting PDF file to a memory buffer. You may then use
QPDFWriter::getBuffer to retrieve the memory buffer.
* Add new API call QPDF::replaceObject for replacing objects by object
* Add new API call QPDF::swapObjects for swapping two objects by object
* Add QPDFObjectHandle::getDictAsMap and
QPDFObjectHandle::getArrayAsVector to allow retrieval of dictionary
objects as maps and array objects as vectors.
* Add functions qpdf_get_info_key and qpdf_set_info_key to the C API for
manipulating string fields of the document's /Info dictionary.
* Add functions qpdf_init_write_memory, qpdf_get_buffer_length, and
qpdf_get_buffer to the C API for writing PDF files to a memory buffer
instead of a file.
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@...>