QjackCtl 0.2.14 has been released. No big new features, only a bunch of
optimizations and cleanups.
From the change log:
- Put a limit on XRUN callback messages and statistics report rate,
preventing the potential hosing of the GUI due to a XRUN cascade storm.
The maximum reasonable report rate has been fixed to be one XRUN callback
occurrence per second.
- Set to ignore the SIGPIPE ("Broken pipe") signal, where available, as
the default handler is usually fatal when a JACK client is zombified
- All conection view items are now sorted in natural case insensitive
order, not just as audio port names as was before.
- Got rid of those nonsense paranoid and rather stupid pseudo-mutex
guards on the connections management framework and event notifications
(nuff said :).
- Optional confirmation warning on audio server shutdown, if there's some
audio clients still active and connected (as suggested by Sampo
- Check for <jack/statistics.h> on configure time (as of JACK 0.99.42+ CVS).
- "Unlock memory" server setup option was added, allowing the release of
memory used by common toolkit libraries (GTK+, Qt, FLTK, Wine) that were
being superfluously locked on every GUI JACK client; number of periods
has now the minimum allowed value of 2; server start delay widget
converted to spinbox; setup dialog layout slighly changed.
- Removed stand-alone usx2y driver support. Since JACK 0.99.41+ CVS, the
special "rawusb" support on the Tascam US-122/224/428 USB Audio/MIDI
interface controllers have been merged and properly integrated into the
regular alsa backend driver. Being still experimental, this special mode
of operation is now triggered only when "hw:N,2" is specified as the alsa
device name (N = soundcard index of snd-usb-usx2y module).
- Messages window limit is now enforced only when the line count exceeds
in one third the user configured line count maximum; if Qt 3.2.0+ is in
use, the QTextView widget is otherwise set to the optimized Qt::LogText
- XRUN status items are kept double-dashed if none has been detected.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela