build updates

2009-12-03
2013-05-14
  • I just checked into CVS some changes to libqalculate and qalculate-kde that should allow them to be built on modern systems (e.g. with cln >= 1.2).  I will work on qalculate-gtk shortly.

Please try building  libqalculate and qalculate-kde from CVS and let me know of any problems.  I would like to make maintenance releases soon that resolve the build problems.  With a CVS checkout, you will need to use autotools ("./autogen.sh" for libqalculate and "make -f Makefile.cvs" for qalculate-kde).

Thanks,
    Jonathan

• I just checked in build updates for qalculate-gtk as well.  Please test (use "./autgen.sh").

Jonathan

• The "help" feature for both qalculate-kde and qalculate-gtk do not seem to be working on my Linux test system (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS).  I don't know if this is due to missing dependencies, or if further things needs fixing with qalculate.  Any help troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

• Glen Kaukola
    Glen Kaukola
    2009-12-17

I can't get libqalculate to build unless I throw an "#include <limits.h>" into numbers.cc.  This is on a Fedora 12 machine.

• Glen Kaukola
    Glen Kaukola
    2009-12-17

Number.cc rather.

• Since it does not seem to be necessary to explicitly include limits.h on Ubuntu or a Mac OS X systems, I wonder if this is specific issue with Fedora.

• I can confirm the same issue on Arch Linux. I have to add an "#include <limits.h>" into numbers.cc to build.

• I added the limits.h include statement as suggested.

The patches that I have applied to CVS are mostly from Debian, if I recall correctly.  If the code in CVS is still not working properly and would benefit from other patches, please let me know.

• Matteo
    Matteo
    2009-12-30

Latest CVS checkout compiled fine on my box (Arch Linux x64).

• I have made the release!  Would someone like to help out and update the webpage for the project with information about the new release?

• Matteo
    Matteo
    2010-01-07

Done. Added some basic infos about the new release.