Is this project still active?

Bluecat
2005-04-25
2013-04-09
  • Bluecat
    Bluecat
    2005-04-25

The subject says it all. I'm interested in using PyUI, but there doesn't seem to be much activity on the project except for downloads and page views.

Is there anyone still working on it?

• The project here does not seem to be active however several people are using the current version as a starter point for their own.  I'm in the process of trimming this down and adjusting it to my needs.  Are you planning this for a pygame application or something else?

• I'm using it for a game, which I intend to sell.  The project seems to be defunct, so I'm maintaining my own extensions and bug fixes.

It'd be great to see someone restart Pyui.  I could contribute changes, but don't have the time/energy to manage the project myself right now.

I've also been looking a bit at PyOgre as a replacement for pygame/pyui. If you're just starting out you might check it out first.

• Bluecat
          Bluecat
          2005-05-02

I'm considering submitting a new project for Pyui, but haven't got around to it yet. I've made some reasonable changes in the week I've been fiddling around with it. Some of these change the way some of the functionality works a little.

I'm working on a 2D game, which I intend to be commercial as well, so Ogre wouldn't be much use.

• Bluecat
        Bluecat
        2005-05-02

Yep. Planning on creating a commercial game with Pygame. I've had a look at some of the other guis out there, but Pyui seems best suited to my needs.