Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

installation problem with autoPtr_basicSolidThermo

Help
2013-01-12
2013-01-14
  • I'm trying to install pythonFlu on my debian system with OpenFOAM-2.1.x from the git repository. I cloned the confFlu and managedFlu from the git repositories. Then I downloaded pythonFlu from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonflu/files/9.1-SWIG/pythonFlu_r9.1-SWIG_1.tar.gz/download. managedFlu and confFlu installed just fine. I get the following error with pythonFlu installation

g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wno-unused-parameter -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -fPIC -I/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/thermophysicalModels/basicSolidThermo/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/thermophysicalModels/thermalPorousZone/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/meshTools/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/managedFlu/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/managedFlu/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/managedFlu/src/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/managedFlu/src/thermophysicalModels/basicSolidThermo/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/managedFlu/src/thermophysicalModels/thermalPorousZone/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src -I/opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -DFOAM_VERSION=020100 -I/usr/include/python2.6 -I/opt/OpenFOAM/managedFlu/src -I/opt/OpenFOAM/managedFlu/src/managedFlu/lnInclude -I/opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/c++ -ftemplate-depth-40 "-D DIRECTOR_INCLUDE=</opt>" -c /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc -o /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.o
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc: In function ‘PyObject _wrap_basicSolidThermo_KSWIG_0(PyObject, PyObject)’:
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc:4180: warning: taking address of temporary
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc: In function ‘PyObject* _wrap_basicSolidThermo_directionalKSWIG_0(PyObject, PyObject)’:
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc:4204: warning: taking address of temporary
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc: In function ‘PyObject
    _wrap_basicSolidThermo_rhoSWIG_2(PyObject, PyObject)’:
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc:4485: error: no matching function for call to ‘Foam::basicSolidThermo::rho(Foam::label&) const’
    /opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/thermophysicalModels/basicSolidThermo/lnInclude/basicSolidThermo.H:154: note: candidates are: virtual const Foam::volScalarField& Foam::basicSolidThermo::rho() const
    /opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/thermophysicalModels/basicSolidThermo/lnInclude/basicSolidThermo.H:157: note: virtual Foam::volScalarField& Foam::basicSolidThermo::rho()
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc: In function ‘PyObject* _wrap_basicSolidThermo_sigmaS
    SWIG_1(PyObject, PyObject)’:
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc:4945: error: no matching function for call to ‘Foam::basicSolidThermo::sigmaS(Foam::label&) const’
    /opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/thermophysicalModels/basicSolidThermo/lnInclude/basicSolidThermo.H:163: note: candidates are: virtual const Foam::volScalarField& Foam::basicSolidThermo::sigmaS() const
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc: In function ‘PyObject _wrap_basicSolidThermo_kappaSWIG_1(PyObject, PyObject)’:
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc:5020: error: no matching function for call to ‘Foam::basicSolidThermo::kappa(Foam::label&) const’
    /opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/thermophysicalModels/basicSolidThermo/lnInclude/basicSolidThermo.H:160: note: candidates are: virtual const Foam::volScalarField& Foam::basicSolidThermo::kappa() const
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc: In function ‘PyObject* _wrap_basicSolidThermo_emissivitySWIG_1(PyObject, PyObject*)’:
    /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.cc:5095: error: no matching function for call to ‘Foam::basicSolidThermo::emissivity(Foam::label&) const’
    /opt/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x/src/thermophysicalModels/basicSolidThermo/lnInclude/basicSolidThermo.H:166: note: candidates are: virtual const Foam::volScalarField& Foam::basicSolidThermo::emissivity() const
    make[2]: [/opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/src/OpenFOAM/fields/tmp/autoPtr_basicSolidThermo.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory /opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam/thermophysicalModels' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/opt/OpenFOAM/pythonFlu/Foam'
    make:
    [all-recursive] Error 1

ganesh

• Alexey Petrov
      Alexey Petrov
      2013-01-13

Hello Ganesh,

Thank you for reporting of this limitation.
      After the first exploration we have found out that the OpenFOAM Git repo was changed since the official release. So, we have to spend some time to adjust pythonFlu sources top the latest modification (2 or 3 days).

Best reagrds,
      Alexey

• Alexey Petrov
    Alexey Petrov
    2013-01-13

Hello once again,

It seems there is a problem in our configuration tool - "confFlu", it can not poroperly recognize OpenFOAM versioned in a non-numeric way (2.1.x for example, instead of 2.1.1).
    So, as a quick fix I would suggest to install OpenFOAM 2.1.x Git repo under 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 tag (name corresponding folders as OpenFOAM-2.1.1 and ThirdParty-2.1.1, not OpenFOAM-2.1.x and ThirdParty-2.1.x).

Best regards,
    Alexey

• Thanks a lot. That helped me install it. A soft link from OpenFOAM-2.1.x to OpenFOAM-2.1.1 worked and also the corresponding ThirdParty folder worked.