smartphone compatibility

Help
steve d
2005-03-02
2013-05-30
  • steve d
    steve d
    2005-03-02

has anyone gotten the chance to test this on a windows mobile smartphone yet? if so, are there any issues?

• I've just tried it on my C500 (windows mobile 2003), and when I start python.exe I just get an error saying "SipGetInfo failed" then the program quits

• iokala168
      iokala168
      2006-12-18

when it supports smartphone??

• I've just submitted some patches which should add initial support for running pythonce on a smartphone powered device. These patches resolve the "SipGetInfo failed" message and a couple of other issues which stopped the application operating on a smartphone.

• Eric Burgess
      Eric Burgess
      2007-07-19

I'm trying to install on a Samsung Blackjack WM5 smartphone, and I get the "Not intended for this device" error, not anything about SipGetInfo (sounds like I'm not getting even that far).

• Stefan Rusek
      Stefan Rusek
      2007-09-05

Could someone post a patched version of the python.exe or the cab file, with the smartphone patches. Even if I do a manual install on my blackjack, I still get the GetSipInfo error.

• Stefan Rusek
      Stefan Rusek
      2007-09-05

In the patches section I posted a build for VM5 and VM6 today. It runs, but there are still some issues with it. Check it out.

• BaderS
        BaderS
        2007-09-09

Stefan I see the patch page, but I don't see any files attached.