Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

installing on win7

Help
Anonymous
2010-09-13
2013-04-24

• Anonymous
    2010-09-13

can this soft work on win7 i have tried to get it going but its not installing for some reason? thanks i am running python 2.6

• yes, pyscard works on win7. You might have a 32-bit vs 64-bit issue. The downloaded package is a 32-bit package, so you need to have python 2.6 32-bit installed, even on a 64-bit OS. There is no 64-bit package, and you would have to build it. The python 2.7 release is about to go out, i will add a 64-bit package.

cheers,

-jd

• support of 64bit windows 7 is on-going, and will be out with release 1.6.14. 64-bit windows is not supported yet until 1.6.12 included.
    -jda

• c skinner
    c skinner
    2011-02-15

I have "installed" on wind7  ie i have Python27\Lib\site-packages\smartcard\pcsc  reader etc etc
    But  I get:
    >>> from smartcard.System import readers
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    ImportError: No module named smartcard.System
    >>>
    How do I do the Real Actual Install, ie direct python to smartcard???

• c skinner
    c skinner
    2011-02-15

OK   sys.pat points to OLD Python25
    not NEW Python27

>>> import sys
    >>> sys.path
    'C:\\Program Files\\Python25\\lib\\site-packages',
    'C:\\Program Files\\Python25\\lib\\site-packages\\win32',
    'C:\\Program Files\\Python25\\lib\\site-packages\\win32\\lib',

MAybe I should De-Install both, then re-install python27 & pyscard??

• c skinner
    c skinner
    2011-02-15

I just removed old python25,
    nor python27 wont run - says "No module named site'
    so I guess its remove python27 as well

• Hi ctskin,

looks like you have some mix between two versions of python on your system, python 2.5 and python 2.7. I would suggest to remove both releases, and do a clean install of python 2.7, then an install of pyscard.

let me know if this works.

cheers,

-jd

• Anonymous
    2011-11-01

it would be really useful if the Install for win32 pyscard
    mentioned WHERE it is installed… OK I found this
    C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\smartcard
    which has Card.py CardConnection.py etc etc but python cant fint it!

ImportError: No module named smartcard.CardType

note there is no "smartcard.py"  …. should there be for a module??? (I'm obviously new to this)
    ps. python pyscard  works OK on Linux, can we have some Wind7 attention please?

• pyscard 1.6.12 supports python 2.7 and windows 7 32-bit aka x86. Installing pyscard will copy all required files in the python site-packages directory. To diagnose, just download the source code of pyscard and execute one of the examples in pyscard\src\smartcard\Examples\simple. In case of error, please report the error that you get when you run one of the simple examples.
    The support of 64-bit windows 7 in underway and will be available in pyscard 1.6.14 about to be released any time soon.

best regards,

-jda